ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Genadinik" <>
Subject RE: major kudos! -- user manual?
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 20:51:41 GMT
can you please provide me with link to a user manual for ant,
I think I might have overlooked it,

thanks in advance!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Winters []
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2001 12:45 PM
Subject: major kudos!

I've been using Ant for a few weeks now and once I got the hang of
it everything worked well. (Java not being able to read environment
variables is annoying, but what are you going to do?)

Today was the first time I tried to extend Ant with my own task, and
it was easy! I wanted to concatenate a number of files and/or
messages into a single file during the build process and didn't see
any built-ins that would do the job. The task probably needs a
little cleanup (I'm relatively new to the java world), but it Just

This is in no small part due to the excellent documentation -- the
example given in the User Manual is concise and illustrative, very
easy to follow.

So thanks to everyone working on Ant!

Chris Winters <>
Internet Developer