ant-user mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <fi...@filip.net>
Subject ${java.home} - why is it pointing at the JRE?
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 17:55:00 GMT
ant and I have a failure to communicate (on compile targets/javac tasks)Hi,
when I run ant (on Windows) I set the JAVA_HOME variable to be "d:\java\jdk1.3"
but when I use it in ant, it points to "d:\java\jdk1.3\jre"

any idea if this is correct behavior?

Filip

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Boniakowski,Jeb
  To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
  Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 9:29 AM
  Subject: ant and I have a failure to communicate (on compile targets/javac tasks)

  Hi.  Sorry for this admittedly annoying type of question, but I can't figure out the answer,
after reading everything else I could find.

  I'm using basically the included build.xml.  Here's the compile target:

    <target name="compile" depends="prepare">
      <javac srcdir="src" destdir="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF/classes"
             classpath="${deploy.home}/WEB-INF/classes"
             debug="on" optimize="off" deprecation="off"/>
    </target>

  Haven't changed it all.  All of my directories are set up as suggested by the docs.

  The comment in build.xml says that the "javac" task should recurse down the dir tree compiling
classes that don't exist or are newer than their .class files.  Well, mine doesn't even go
down one level.  If I put a file in src that looks like this:

  Foo.java:
          public class Foo{ break compiler }

  Ant marches on ahead without complaint.  There is no Foo.class in my {deploy.home}/WEB-INF/classes
directory.  It copies non-.java files from my src/ dir fine.  If I do "build clean", my webapps/nnt
(name of my app) is deleted.  If I do build all, it is deleted and then all of the classes
are copied back to the same place and work fine and all, but only if I go through the src/
try and manually compile them first.

  Does anyone have any idea what I am missing here?

  jeb.