ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <Nico.Sees...@epost.de>
Subject Re: Can't get <classpath> to work.
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2001 00:24:40 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony Ikeda" <anthony.ikeda@proxima-tech.com>
To: "Ant-User (E-mail)" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 1:03 AM
Subject: Can't get <classpath> to work.

> I've tried this for a week now and still can't get it to work. Going
through
> the archives reveals only that people refer to this as $(classpath) but do
> not show where this variable is defined.

You would define this as a property in an appropriate place. But it has
nothing to do with <classpath>-elements inside your buildfile unless you
reference the property using ${classpath}.

> Here is a sample of my code that
> can't find the libraries:

[...]
> <path id="home.path">
> <pathelement location="D:\Program Files\jdk1.3\lib" />
> <pathelement location="D:\Program Files\jakarta-tomcat\lib"

I think the main problem is that the definition of your classpath is wrong.
The way you define it it only points to directories and would work if you
unjar the jar/zip files which are located there. If you would like to
include all the jar-files located in these directories you should use
something like

<path id="home.path">
   <fileset dir="D:\Program Files\jdk1.3\lib">
        <include name="**/*.jar"/>
   </fileset>
   <fileset dir="D:\Program Files\jakarta-tomcat\lib">
        <include name="**/*.jar"/>
   </fileset>
</path>

Nico