ant-user mailing list archives

From "Maximilian Rehm" <m.r...@netnolix.com>
Subject AW: Problem Compiling Servlets with build file
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 13:15:33 GMT
I upgraded to Tomcat 3.2.1 and now when I try to run build.bat script I get
the following error:

org/apache/tools/ant/
Main

When I try to run ant from the command prompt I get this error:

Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: C:\dev\partScavenger
BUILD CONFIG ERROR: Could not create task of type: copy because I can't find
it
in the list of task class definitions
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException: Could not create task of type: copy
because
 I can't find it in the list of task class definitions
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.createTask(Project.java:374)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTasks(ProjectHelper.java:
216)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.jav
a:193)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.jav
a:134)

I am using the sample build.bat file and the sample build.xml file that came
with Tomcat 3.2.1

I am not quite sure what the problem is because the build.bat file
initializes the classpath to the ant.jar file that comes with Tomcat.
Shouldn't ant find everything it needs in the jar file?

I've set up TOMCAT_HOME to point to the installation path of Tomcat-3.2.1

Thanks in advace for any help
Max