ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Minimum configuration requirements for ant
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 08:01:29 GMT
David Bailey <David.Bailey@lawson.com> wrote:

> After a little bit of playing around, it appears that I can get away
> with putting the wrapper scripts from ant/bin into some appropriate
> bin directory on our $PATH, compiling the ant source via javac, and
> moving the class files to an appropriate location on our $CLASSPATH.

Put the .properties files as well as defaultManifest.mf and
version.txt into your CLASSPATH as well, other than that I think you
have done anything you need to do. I'd recommend bootstraping Ant and
putting the resulting ant.jar file into your CLASSPATH instead of the
"javac - put classes into CLASSPATH" approach, though.

Stefan