ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Javac dependency checking
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 16:23:10 GMT
Marc Luce <> wrote:

> I remember that there was some discussion about this but I don't
> remember the answer.  Is there a way that if I change an inferface
> that I can recompile the interface and all of the classes/interfaces
> that depend on it?

There is a new task named <depend> in CVS, it doesn't rely on any
other changes, so you should be able to just pick up the
...optional/depend/ directory and add the task itself via
<taskdef name="depend"
         classname="" />

It is not documented at the moment, you can search the archives for
Conor's original mail on this task at
<>. Basically you put a

    <depend srcdir="${sourcedir}" destdir="${classes}" cache="dep.cache" />

right in front of

    <javac srcdir="${sourcedir}" destdir="${classes}" />

and this task will remove the .class files for all classes that depend
on your changed interface - and javac is going to recompile them. The
cache attribute points to a directory where <depend> caches
information between builds - and it is optional.

View raw message