ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: try... catch
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 07:53:23 GMT
<JohnL@axis.com.au> wrote:

> A try... catch ability in making targets would be handy.  I have
> seen requests for "make -k" and I suppose this is the same request,
> just "modernised".

And I guess it wouldn't be accepted, sorry. Repeating the mantra "Ant
should be not become a new scripting language" several times,
something like exception handling inside build files is totally out of
scope.

make -k functionality is a different issue though.

> Is this on the drawing board for ant 1.3?

Decisions on design, new features and the like are made on the
ant-dev list. I don't think 1.3 will be that different from 1.2, we
are currently working towards a big step which will be Ant 2.

Stefan