ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant does not build my sources (Tomcat 3.2)
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 08:15:38 GMT
Ashish Kundu <kashish@in.ibm.com> wrote:

> The Ant1.3alpha, that comes with Tomcat 3.2 is complaining with the
> following output.

Tomcat 3.2 ships with an alpha version of Ant? Strange.

> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
> java.lang.NullPointerException at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Property.execute(Property.java:150) at
> java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) at
> org.apache.tools.ant.TaskAdapter.execute(TaskAdapter.java:82) at

This is extremely strange as well. Line 150 is a blank line in my
version of Property.java. Which date has the version of Ant been
compiled on?

What's really strange here is that Ant thinks Property would not be a
subclass of Task - this is indicated by the TaskAdapter line above. It
seems as if org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Property and
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Task have been loaded by different
classloaders.

Is this a stand alone invocation of Ant or are you running Ant inside
another application (like Tomcat)?

Stefan