ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reusing <patternset> with a subset?
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 14:39:01 GMT
Bill Burton <billb@progress.com> wrote:

>     <copy todir="${classes.dir}">
>       <fileset dir="${src.dir}">
>         <patternset refid="server">
>           <!-- only include files found in the patternset -->
>           <include name="**/*.properties" />
>         </patternset>
>       </fileset>
>     </copy>
>
> Is there any way to do the above?

Unfortunately no. The includes as well as the excludes are additive
and I file matches a patternset if it matches at least one include
pattern and no exclude pattern.

This issue has come up before and we've not found a good solution for
it, maybe a new <restrict> pattern type or something similar?

Currently we only support set unions (this applies to filesets or
pathelements as well) by simply specifying more than one element -
maybe we need a general set intersection mechanism, I'm not sure.

Stefan