ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Conditionally constructing path elements?
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 13:58:04 GMT
Ken Gentle <j.kenneth.gentle@acm.org> wrote:

> The interesting(!?) part of the issue is that a "normal" java
> CLASSPATH (or a UNIX or DOS PATH) wouldn't have any problem at all
> if one of the path elements did not exist - and that is what I'm
> trying to construct.

<path> doesn't have a problem if <pathelement> doesn't exist either,
the problem is <fileset> that insists on the dir to exist.

You wouldn't be able to do what you want to do with a "normal"
CLASSPATH - if you could, you could use <pathelement>s as well and
you'd be done.

> I tried combinations of the 'available' tag and the 'if' attribute
> that of course failed - fileset doesn't implement the 'if'
> attribute.

Hmm, if you could define the whole <path> inside a <target>, you could
use the target's if attribute (currently it's not possible to define
<path>s as children of <target>).

Stefan