ant-user mailing list archives

From David Walend <dwal...@eecs.tufts.edu>
Subject Re: fork javac
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2000 23:59:58 GMT
On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Diane Holt wrote:

> That's weird. I have a javac.exe in all my JDKs, so I would've thought
> that's what the <javac> task executed when using the javac compiler, the
> way it does for the jikes compiler (which, btw, you might want to consider
> using and seeing if that does what you need).

Diane,

I'd guess that jikes calls System.exit(int) at some point, so it has to be
run outside ant. But that would fix my problem...

Does anyone know if jikes can do jdk1.3 code? (I plan to do some work
with the Proxy kit, so will need jdk1.3 compatible binaries.) I couldn't
find the answer at
http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/jikes/project/

Thanks,

Dave