ant-user mailing list archives

From Edwin.Guenth...@Compart.net
Subject Re: About deleting jar files - i think it is a clear BUG
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 10:15:12 GMT

SP> A possible solution could be to check if any of the files to be deleted
are
SP> in the classpath ( guess there is some API to poll the VM about that)
once
SP> we know they are in, we specifically tell the VM to remove them from
the cp.

Still I am wondering: why is it necessary to include the JAR file to the
classpath at all?

I cant see any sense in including any JAR file that is found:

If I need a file, I will tell so in my build file.

If I dont mention a file; I expect that ANT will not notice this file at
all.

This behaviour looks to me like: "we take everything we can" and it
has already proven to be error-prone.

edwin,