ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Stirling" <sstirl...@mediaone.net>
Subject RE: question (off-topic)
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2000 00:18:42 GMT
I've installed it, run it, and messed around with it a little just to
compare it with Orion and JRun.  It's got some nice features (hot redeploy
of ejbs, easy deploy of ears, container-level configuration functionality,
and nice integration with Tomcat), and an interesting architecture making
use of JMX.  I'd suggest trying the EJB-INTEREST list at Sun, since one of
the main jBoss developers (Rickard Oberg is a regular there), or the jBoss
mailing list(s), since that's where you'll find lots of people using and
developing it.

Scott Stirling
West Newton, MA

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Geis [mailto:matthew.geis@instill.com]
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2000 12:41 PM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: question (off-topic)

Hi -- Is anyone out there using JBoss (www.jboss.org)?  Open-source J2EE app
server, looks like it has good features, etc.  I just ran across it, but
haven't heard anything about it on the list or otherwise.

If anyone has a minute, could you email me (off list) at
matthew.geis@instill.com, with any thoughts/impressions, etc.  Also, if
anyone can offer comparisons of how it stacks up to the competition, I'd be
grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Matt