ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Stirling" <sstirl...@mediaone.net>
Subject RE: does and already have platform specific code? (RE: Why can't <del ete> just simply delete the directory?)
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2000 00:23:54 GMT
Why not use the Exec task?  Or write your own task, such as win-delete or
unix-rm that doesn an exec?

Scott Stirling
West Newton, MA

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Glanville [mailto:dickon@nortelnetworks.com]
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2000 7:59 AM
To: Ant-User (text)
Subject: does and already have platform specific code? (RE: Why can't
<del ete> just simply delete the directory?)

Does ant already have platform-specific code?  I've looked through the code
and couldn't find a centralized and consistent way of it being done.

The reason I'm asking is that if users want a small tweak in performance,
AND there already is a structure for platform specific-ness, then I'd be
willing to try to improve the performance of the <delete> task by using the
platform specific equivalents for directories.  (e.g.: deltree on win, rm -r
on UNIX, and defaulting to File.delete()).

Just a thought.