ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Todd" <ch...@christophertodd.com>
Subject RE: Could you please?
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2000 21:42:45 GMT

I certainly found that to be the case.

>I started a
>standards type document a while back as a sort of best practices build
>description. It included things like names of targets, directory structure
>etc. I guess it would be good to dust that off and see what
>everyone thinks ;)

I would certainly be interested in it.  After I sent my email, though, I
wondered if I had opened a can of worms, since we may find that everyone has
their own opinion of what constitutes "best practices"!  :-)

>>As I work more and more with Ant, I am beginning to see
>build-related design
>>patterns.  Perhaps we could somewhow catalog those Ant-related
>>design/usage/style patterns?  Just a thought.
>
>Very good thought ;)
>
>Cheers,
>
>Pete

>| "Faced with the choice between changing one's mind, |
>| and proving that there is no need to do so - almost |
>| everyone gets busy on the proof."                   |
>|              - John Kenneth Galbraith               |

Sincerest regards,
Chris Todd
Software Engineer
Alabanza Corporation