ant-user mailing list archives

From Tim Dawson <tdaw...@is.com>
Subject RE: does and already have platform specific code? (RE: Why can't <del ete> just simply delete the directory?)
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 00:23:41 GMT
Platform-specific code does exist, in the <exec> task... but only for
setting the working directory on pre-JDK 1.3.

It's not terribly hard to envision a way to extrapolate that model to other
areas, but without a lot of forethought, it could get pretty ugly...

I'd agree that it's probably not worth it in this case, especially when you
can use "exec" with "rmdir /s /q" if you really need the performance boost.
:-)

Tim