ant-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Carlson <jcarl...@is.com>
Subject RE: classpath refid
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 19:51:30 GMT
Sorry.  Never mind.  I was using the wrong syntax.  While this is a little
more verbose, it works for me!

    <classpath>
        <path refid="basic.class.path" />
        <pathelement location="myjar.jar" />
    </classpath>

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Carlson
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 1:42 PM
To: 'ant-user'
Subject: classpath refid

Has anyone brought up (or implemented) the idea that it would be really nice
to be able to do the following?

    <classpath refid="basic.class.path">
        <pathelement location="myjar.jar" />
    </classpath>

The above is intuitive and much less verbose than having to define another
path that extends "class.path".  I'm using ant1.2 so if it has already been
implemented in development, please let me know.  I'd rather not fill up
"basic.class.path" with many jars that are only used by individual, but
different tasks.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Jonathan Carlson,  Software Developer
jcarlson@is.com

Such ever was loves way: to rise, it stoops.
     - Robert Browning