ant-user mailing list archives

From James Duncan Davidson <dun...@x180.net>
Subject Re: IDL compilation with ant -> problem?
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2000 11:11:15 GMT
On 12/29/00 2:19 AM, "Barry Nauta" <barry.nauta@swITch.be> wrote:

> Is there some sort of dependency checking possible or do we have to
> write a seperate tool that generates build files based on dependencies?

Dependency checking is a function of the task itself. So in the Javac case,
there are some fairly good, though not thorough, checks based on timestamps
to determine what needs to be recompiled. Such functionality is probably
what is needed in your task (though I've got to admit, I haven't looked at
the IDL task).

.duncan

                                                                  !try; do()