ant-user mailing list archives

From "Day, Jem BGI WAC" <Jem....@barclaysglobal.com>
Subject Thinking about Source Control
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:27:46 GMT

Hi,

  It's my impression that there is an admirable effort underway by
  various people to produce ANT tasks for various vendors SCM
  tools ie CVS, VSS, Perforce, ClearCase etc.

  Is there any move to try and make all these disperate efforts more
  pluggable, ie some 'base' SCM functionality within ANT to allow
  a user to produce a build.xml that is SCM independant and then
  plug-in the SCM task of choice at run-time.

  I feel that it ought to be acheivable, but whether it's worth the
  effort is a totally different matter ;-)

Jem [just thinking out loud]

Jem Day
Barclays Global Investors

Jem.Day@barclaysglobal.com