ant-user mailing list archives

From (Mikael Ståldal)
Subject Dependency
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2000 10:58:04 GMT
I have a project in which I use a utility to preprocess a source file
before javac:ing it (JLex). I can use it from Ant, but JLex is run
every time I run Ant. How do I make it run only when nessesary (i.e.
when the source file is newer than the target)?

The relevant part of my build.xml:

  <target name="lexer">
    <java classname="JLex.Main">
      <arg value="${src.dir}/nu/staldal/lsp/LSPExprLexer"/>

I guess I can solve it by writing a specialized JLex task. However, it
would be nice with a more general solution to this problem, since there
are quite a lot of tools like JLex that one might want to use.

* You have just read a message from Mikael Ståldal.              *
* Remove "ingen.reklam." from the address before mail replying.  *

View raw message