ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jay Glanville" <dic...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject RE: Mail if build isn't performed
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:36:26 GMT
What's the <sound> task?  I just went through the webCVS area, and couldn't
find it anywhere under the org.apache.tools.ant directory.

Is what you're looking for similar to my <recorder> task?  This is a task
that can be added to the build.xml, which adds a build listener to the
process, logging all output to a specified file.  Subsequent calls to the
<recorder> task would then allow the user to turn on or off the recording.

I wrote this task with the intention of wrapping my compile target with a
recorder, and then mailing the results of that compile/recording to the
compile manager.  Something like this:
  <target name="init">
    <recorder file="output" state="on"/>
  </target>
  <target name="compile" depends="init">
    <javac ..../>
  </target>
  <target name="full_build" depends="compile">
    <recorder file="output" state="off"/>
    <mail files="output" .../>
  </target>
However, this currently wouldn't work.  If a compile fails, then the build
fails and my mail task wouldn't get called.  With the current way that ant
is structured, if you want notification of a build failure, you have to add
the notification OUTSIDE of the build logic.  (because the failure of the
javac task would kill the rest of the build process).

However, I believe that for ant 2, there will be an option to allow
continuation of the build.

So, is the <recorder> task similar to your <sound> task?  Would you find it
of any use?

Jay