ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jay Glanville" <dic...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject Why can't <delete> just simply delete the directory?
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 22:50:16 GMT
I'm currently using a nightly build for Oct 11 2000.

I have a clean task that does something like the following:
  <target name="clean"  >
    <delete dir="${build.loc}" />
  </target>

The task performs beautifully, but not efficiently.  Before it deletes the
directory, it deletes all the files within it.  However, when my
${build.loc} contains over 4000 files, this deleting of files can take a
while. (true, only a little over 60 seconds)  Why can't it simply delete the
directory itself?

-----
Jay Dickon Glanville
P068 - SiteManager Development, Nortel Networks
613-765-1144 (ESN 395-1144)
MS: 045/55/A05
E-Mail: dickon@nortelnetworks.com