ant-user mailing list archives

From "Hall, John" <jh...@solant.com>
Subject RE: depricated "args" vs. current "arg" in java command
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 19:32:05 GMT
Have you looked at the ddcreator task? It's an optional ejb task.

john

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hall [mailto:chall@stockback.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 11:08 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: depricated "args" vs. current "arg" in java command

I just upgraded to Ant 1.2 and am having some trouble taking our old "args"
parameters and converting them to "arg" parameters.

Specifically this is part of our old build file (that still works though it
throws decprication warnings)

        <java classname="weblogic.ejb.utils.DDCreator"
            fork="true"
            classpath="${classpath}"
            args="-dir ${basedir}/${build.dir}
${basedir}/${build.dir}/${descriptor.raw}"
        />

Here is what I've changed to (that causes DDCreator to throw an
IllegalArgumentException):

        <java classname="weblogic.ejb.utils.DDCreator"
            fork="true"
            classpath="${classpath}">
            <arg value="${basedir}/${build.dir}/${descriptor.raw}"/>
            <arg value="-dir ${basedir}/${build.dir}"/>
        </java>

The new version does not work because the program I'm calling (something
from weblogic) is not recognizing the "-dir" option.  I don't think this is
a weblogic problem as the old version works.  Very strange.  Sugestions
would be greatly appreciated.

--Chris

This message and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by
attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, contact
the author immediately.