ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Vogel <pvo...@arsin.com>
Subject RE: ANT and RCS
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2000 23:39:08 GMT
CVS is available from www.cvshome.com a.k.a. www.cyclic.com

I've worked with many version control systems in my 12 year history with CM,
and
I cannot suggest strongly enough that you get *away from* using bare-RCS for

revision management as quickly as possible.

Free: CVS
Not free, but not hugely expensive and quite good: PerForce
Hugely expensive, good for certain processes: ClearCase, Continuus

The problem with RCS is that it really only understands about one file at a
time, there
is no concept of a "contour" across many files, except that which you build
on top, once
you start building something on top, you may as well go with the best RCS
"wrapper"
(though it is far more than that now): CVS.

-Peter