ant-user mailing list archives

From Maxim Kur <>
Subject RE: CORBA interfaces
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 22:42:37 GMT
There are public classes in Inprise visibroker:
and xxxx2java

I assume java2idl, idl2java etc. compilers use those classes.
Does API documentation exist for these classes (I haven't found any)?
There are some problems with processing command line arguments
when using "exec" task in version 1.2 of ant...

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Murphy []
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 12:00 PM
Subject: Dependancies in the javac task

Scanning through the source code of the Javac ant task, I see the scanDir
function that makes use of timestamp dependancies.  What I don't seem to
find is compilation do to interfile dependancies.

	Class a creates an instance of class b.
	The developer changes the constructor for b.
	The user makes their load but does not remove all the old class
		Javac ant task checks timestamp dependancies and seeing newer then b.class, recompiles b.class.
		However, the timestamp of and a.class are unchanged
so a.class is not recompiled.
		No compilation time errors are produced.
	The user now runs the main function of their java class and gets a
runtime error.

It is more desirable to have the error occur in compilation time, or rather
have the dependancies be on interfile, not just timestamp.  Is there plans
for such development?  If not, is there any ideas or suggestions on how to
expand the Javac ant task?

Zucotto Wireless Inc.
Nathan Murphy, B.Eng Electrical
Software Developer - LoadBuild Prime