ant-user mailing list archives

From Jason Boehle <jboe...@tidestone.com>
Subject RE: <javadoc> disappointmenet
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 16:05:53 GMT
My understanding of this is that Javadoc calls System.exit(), so it
HAS to be launched as an external process, else it will abort the ant
process.

Jason Boehle
jboehle@tidestone.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert M. Zigweid [mailto:tigran@internation.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2000 9:55 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: <javadoc> disappointmenet

I'm still quite new  to using Ant and I must say that on the whole I'm
very pleased at this point.  However I decided to try to use the
<javadoc> methods and ran into what I feel is a major disappointment
that should be improved upon.  There may be plans for this in future
releases, and if so, hooray, otherwise well maybe it should be
considered.

My problem is that Ant appears to call the javadoc as a command, rather
than utilizing the javadoc api.  Using the API should be able to allow
filesets, as are used by javac and possibly make the tag more
functional.  Are there any plans for this in the future?  Am I off my
rocker?

Robert M. Zigweid
Internation