ant-user mailing list archives

From Ken Gentle <j.kenneth.gen...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Conditionally constructing path elements?
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 12:49:15 GMT
The interesting(!?) part of the issue is that a "normal" java CLASSPATH (or
a UNIX or DOS PATH) wouldn't have any problem at all if one of the path
elements did not exist - and that is what I'm trying to construct.

Perhaps the task could be made to skip a non-existent path element?

I tried combinations of the 'available' tag and the 'if' attribute that of
course failed - fileset doesn't implement the 'if' attribute.  Perhaps the
addition of an 'if' attribute to the fileset element or one of the other
elements would be flexible enough to address this (and probably other)
scenarios?

         Ken

At 01:26 PM 12/01/2000 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>Ken Gentle <j.kenneth.gentle@acm.org> wrote:
>
> >>Right now I don't see an easy way to achieve what you want to do, so
> >>maybe creating and empty directory on Unix and point the fileset
> >>there might be a workaround.
> >
> > The directory in question is "owned" by a third party package
> > (thanks iPlanet), and I've an aversion to mucking with structures
> > owned by someone else.  In this case we may have to make an
> > allowance, eh? :^/
>
>Probably. Even when thinking about how to implement it (from the XML
>syntax point of view) so you could drop the directory once 1.3 is out
>(not too soon anyway), I don't get too far.
>
>Stefan

J. Kenneth Gentle (Ken)       | Phone: (610)255-0361   FAX:(610)255-0418
Gentle Software, LLC          | Email: j.kenneth.gentle@acm.org