ant-user mailing list archives

From Ken Gentle <>
Subject Re: Conditionally constructing path elements?
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 12:14:23 GMT
Thanks for the response, Stefan.

At 09:34 AM 12/01/2000 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>Ken Gentle <> wrote:
> > I'm trying to make a cross platform build.xml, and I'm having some
> > difficulty because the classpath is different (contains different
> > path elements) on UNIX than on Win/NT.
> >

> > On NT, there is an additional directory of jars that I need to
> > include that aren't present on UNIX.
>Does the directory exist and is empty or is the directory itself not
>present? The first case would be easy, you'd end up with an empty
>fileset that won't do any harm.

The directory does not exist on UNIX.

>Right now I don't see an easy way to achieve what you want to do, so
>maybe creating and empty directory on Unix and point the fileset there
>might be a workaround.

The directory in question is "owned" by a third party package (thanks
iPlanet), and I've an aversion to mucking with structures owned by someone
else.  In this case we may have to make an allowance, eh? :^/

J. Kenneth Gentle (Ken)       | Phone: (610)255-0361   FAX:(610)255-0418
Gentle Software, LLC          | Email:

View raw message