ant-user mailing list archives

From David Corbin <dcor...@machturtle.com>
Subject Re: <copy> oddity
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2000 13:34:34 GMT
Diane Holt wrote:

> --- David Corbin <dcorbin@machturtle.com> wrote:
> > <copy todir="foo">
> >       <fileset dir="bar">
> >               <include name="./foobar"/>
> >       </fileset>
> > </copy>
> >
> > Doesn't copy anything.  But, if I remove the leading "./" it will copy
> > it.
>
> Not sure why you'd feel a need to include the ./ -- but I suspect the
> reason nothing gets copied is because it's probably looking in the
> specified dir for a file that's literally named "./foobar", not for a file
> named "foobar". I would also suspect it has to do with how Java deals with
> directories and files (ie., the whole platform-independence thing), but
> that's just a guess.

Really, the inclusion of the dot was an artifact of how I created my
list (find).

More accurately, it was:

	<include name="./com/machturtle/foo/foobar.java">

Removing the leading "./" worked.  It very well may be Java's platform
independence.   I just thought it was minor bug that should be pointed
out.