ant-user mailing list archives

From marco struck <m.str...@nexolution.de>
Subject Re: Fw: Problem using script task
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2000 13:50:41 GMT
Jason,

I absolutely agree with you. ANT is very nice to handle classes, jars, zips, cvs
and so on.
But that was just the first step. People have found with ANT an easy way to
handle their project structures.

The first impression of ANT - also to me - is: ANT is the solution for all our
problems.
But the second one: We need more control (as Jason described).

After some weeks of discussion about the introduction of ANT in my company,
we came to the issue, that we have to write own tasks to handle the shortcomings
of ANT
......but I think, that could not be the right way.

A task should be a kind of component which encapsulate complex functionality
and should be uses as kind of black box in build files.

I think: Scripting should be a core feature of ANT2.

--
mit freundlichen grüßen / best regards
marco struck

public key: http://www.nexolution.de/keys/public/mstruck.asc
fingerprint: CC99 1171 0F0F E7F4 D649  D332 3C84 8C3C E80E 7EAA