ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Burton" <bi...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Ant on Linux
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 18:08:43 GMT
Hi Dan,

IMHO, the ant batch and shell scripts have a bug in them.  You can set
JAVA_HOME and instead of the ant script running $JAVA_HOME/bin/java as you
would expect, it happily runs whatever java executable it finds first in
the PATH which might not be the one you expect.

In your .bashrc after setting JAVA_HOME try adding:
  export JAVACMD=$JAVA_HOME/bin/java
The ant script will now run whatever java executable is exported as
JAVACMD and will not run whatever java executable it finds first in the
PATH.

-Bill Burton