ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Burton" <bi...@progress.com>
Subject Re: where can i get the BSF-Library ?
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2000 16:56:55 GMT
Marco Struck wrote:

> ....\webapp\context\build.xml:7: Could not create task of type:
> script due to java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/bsf/BSFException
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/bsf/BSFException
>
> where can i get the BSF-Library ?

I was just looking into this today and also have problems building BSF.
Depending on what language you're interested in, it may come bundled with
a bsf.jar.  Two I found that include it are:
* Rhino (JavaScript)
  http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/
* Xalan (XSLT)
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/index.html

Although I've not verified this, the bsf.jar included with each package
was probably built to support just that language and not any others.  So
if you want to support more than one scripting language it looks like you
will have to build BSF anyway.  Although, maybe you could put the bsf.jar
for each language in Ant's lib with a different name.  It's worth a try.

If you figure out how to get BSF to compile, please post as I'm sure there
are others like myself that would be interested as well.

-Bill Burton