ant-user mailing list archives

From "Gavin M. Bell" <...@nextobjects.com>
Subject Re: ANT & Emacs
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2000 13:28:15 GMT
Okay,

    I too did the build file in every directory type of thing and that is just
not the way to go.  I currently have a master build file as well as module level
build files.  The reason you want a master build file for the most part it to
take advantage of jikes' (or javac's) circular dependency resolution.

As for running ant in emacs... well I posted this a while back if you guys
remember.  I wrote this lisp code to run ant from emacs in a smart way.  Have
fun using it! It requires you have the JDE installed.  Just put the ant.el file
where your other files are (you may want to byte compile it) and then put in the
hook in your .emacs file.

--

     Gavin M. Bell (UNIX SEMPI)
          *DJ
          *Skate/Snowboarder
          *Teacher
          *Gymnast
          *Writer
          *Entrepreneur
          *Hacker
          *Programmer
          *System Administrator
          *Lover
          *All Around Groovy Cat:-)
     http://www.6thcolumn.org/~cue/
     gavin@6thcolumn.org
-------

"I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd."
    -Samuel Jackson (Pulp Fiction)

PGP KEY: http://www.6thcolumn.org/~cue/cuekey.asc