ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Property not evaluated in project "basedir" attribute
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 23:57:15 GMT
At 01:13  12/12/00 -0500, DONNIE HALE wrote:
>Stefan,
>
>Thanks for the prompt response. That workaround should be fine.
>
>I can see no reason that properties shouldn't be expanded the same
regardless of element. Perhaps an enhancement will be made soon...

Uneeded complexity. What is the use of expanding properties in name or
default tags of project ? or name attribute of target attribute? It is also
very difficult if you allow evaluation of depends attribute of target. When
do you expand it and how does it get expanded etc.

There is some argument to allow if/unless and perhaps evaluation of basedir
but it hasn't yet been determined how it will be handled.

Cheers,

Pete