ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "include" equivalent in ant?
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 07:35:49 GMT
At 02:25  11/12/00 -0500, Jason Rosenberg wrote:
>I would like to be able to include files as entities using paths
>referred to by property variables, etc., and it doesn't seem to
>be possible.  In other words, I'd like to see:
>
><!ENTITY buildFW SYSTEM "${buildRules}/buildFW.inc">
>
>Is there anyway to do something like this?

there is a way via entity handlers I believe but it wouldn't be true XML
anymore. Not sure if that would be acceptable.

It would be possible to add it to core but I am not sure I would like it.
ie Would be fragments, raw text, documents etc. We are looking at such
things for ANt2 but that is a while off.

Cheers,

Pete