ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: updating jars
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2000 22:18:25 GMT
I think the <jar> task doesn't allow for the -u flag because it's trying
to be compatible for JDKs less than 1.2, which don't have that option.
Personally, I'd rather see it offer the option, and just have
error-checking in place for java.version not being compatible with the

What kind of error does your <exec> task result in?

--- Rick Szeto <> wrote:
> Hi,
>     I have been encountering problems with inserting/updating files into
> exsting
> jars, as the Jar task replaces the exisiting one with an empty jar. Try
> to do it
> the hard way also fails for some reason, via exec:
>     <exec executable="${java.home}\bin\jar.exe">
>       <arg line="uf ${dist.dir}\project-ejb.jar
> ${src.root}\com\mycompany\project\common\" />
>     </exec>
> Anything wrong with the above call? Or any solution to the problem?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated
> Rick Szeto

Do You Yahoo!?