ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Thinking about Source Control
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2000 19:20:30 GMT
--- David Corbin <dcorbin@machturtle.com> wrote:
> Les Hughes wrote:
> >From my perforce pov, it's about automated nightly builds; syncing to
> >head, building, testing, releasing, checking in reports/logs and
> >labelling.
> >Our developers don't use any of the ant perforce tasks in their
> >environment, they have full control thru the p4win gui.
>
> Right, but you have to have another script that runs first, that does
> the "p4 sync".  Since that script has to exist, it can do these things.
> That's just my way.  I know it can be done other ways.

Not sure why you would need an outside script. I have a target in my
top-level build.xml called "build", which does a sync then compile --
true, I could do 'p4 sync ; ant full', but it's just handier doing 'ant
build' whenever I want to bring my tree up-to-date and recompile. (Just
for the record, I never use the p4 GUI for anything, except occasionally
to do integrations.)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)