ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: <uptodate>
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 23:01:45 GMT
--- David Corbin <dcorbin@machturtle.com> wrote:
> Can someone post an example of how to use this?  I find the
> documentation to be very sparse.

I use it to prevent my parsers from rebuilding needlessly:
  <target name="chkParser">
    <uptodate property="parser.done"
              targetfile="${directory}/${chkfile}">
      <srcfiles dir="${directory}" includes="${jjfile}"/>
    </uptodate>
  </target>
and here's the opening line of the target that depends on it:
  <target name="genParser" depends="chkParser" unless="parser.done">

If the source file (foo.jj) is newer than the file it generates, the
"genParser" target is run; otherwise, not.

Hope this helps,
Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)