ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Change in the "ant" task from 1.1 to 1.2
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2000 18:42:52 GMT
I believe the change was primarily driven by the concept of having
"subprojects". I was against the change initially, but have actually come
to rely on it, as a compromise from the old "build-file in every subdir"
approach, or having just one giganto build-file at the top of the tree
(which turned out to be just too unwieldy to deal with, and, in a
source-control environment could have meant any number of people trying to
edit the file at the same time, leading to lots of "resolves" needing to
be done [something you try hard to avoid]). The approach I took still
isn't optimal by any means, but it was the best I could manage with Ant
for now.