ant-user mailing list archives

From "Don Schaefer" <don_schae...@xelus.com>
Subject RE: Trouble getting classpath to work...
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 13:23:12 GMT
For one I'm glad it does not write out a warning on commas.  For SCM we
use Continuus and it puts commas in the path.  We've had a couple of
tools that don't like a "," and we have to work around this by mapping
directories to hide the ",". I wish that Continuus did not put the comma
in there but it does....

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 12/8/00, 10:41:08 AM, "Rosen, Alex" <arosen@silverstream.com> wrote
regarding RE: Trouble getting classpath to work...:

> > You had a comma-separated list of filenames in your
> > <include/> -- that's a no-no.

> I got bit by this too, when I first started playing with Ant. I spent a
couple
> of hours being completely baffled by filesets, til I realized what I was
doing
> wrong. And I thought, can't Ant give a warning when it sees a comma where
it's
> not expecting one? Comma is a legit file character, but I think it's
pretty
> rare - I'd bet that 99% of the time you see a comma, it's an error.
That's a