ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: if, unless problems
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2000 17:11:13 GMT
--- Gunnar_Boström <Gunnar.N.Bostrom@telia.se> wrote:
> I agree that ant shall not become a scripting language and I don't want
> to include an eqality operator.
>
> Still I belive that testing for the values "true"/"false" in if/unless
> would make ant more consistent and easier for beginners like me.

Hi Gunnar,

I'm all for having if/unless test for value (as the ant-dev list knows all
too well :), and I have a modified Target.java I use, for that very reason
-- but I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for. If the if/unless
was modified to test for "true"/"false", then it -would- be testing for a
value. And it's not clear to me how restricting it to test for only those
two values would be any different from testing for set/not-set, or how
that restriction would even work.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)