ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cognet.com.au>
Subject Re: Weblogic and Junit
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2000 13:28:37 GMT
Rama,

I used to have a little private code to do this. I could run any task
asynchronously. There was even a little sleep task to wait for weblogic to
start. It was somewhat controversial at the time and, in the end, I never
committed it. Indeed there are now some issues with general multithreading
of tasks as some tasks can redirect System.out, which is a shared resource.
Not a big problem, but it would need to be addressed.

So for now, you do need to run two ants. It is not a big problem and I run
a lot of ants which do not do any compiles. (I have an ant to install my
beans, one to update CVS, one to run different instances of weblogic).
Anyway, like the real thing, two ant work well together :-)

Asynchronous tasks are definitely on the agenda for a future verison of
Ant, though. Checkout out ant-dev.

Conor

----- Original Message -----
From: "G Ramasubramani" <grama@aztec.soft.net>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 11:19 PM
Subject: Weblogic and Junit

Hi,

        I wanted to know if it were possible for me to write an ant build
file which would compile the ejb's for me, start up weblogic and deploy
the ejb's and then run a junit TestSuite.

        From what I know its possible to do the first 2, but since ant
calls wlrun synchronously, I cannot call ay target unless weblogic stops.
Yeah, I can start another ant process to call junit, but it seems weird to
start ant and not do any compilation :-)

        Any ideas?

thanks,
Rama