ant-user mailing list archives

From Fred Welland <fwell...@intelixinc.com>
Subject Available or target that always fires??
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 18:47:31 GMT
So <available\> can not live out side of a target.  Thus you can't use it to
set up global project properties like when you have <property /> task nested
directly under <project>.

Is there a way to get ANT to always process a specified task?  Yes I could
make an 'init' target be the default project target (and it would call my
existing 'default' target).  However the nature of our builds allows for
developers to run ant with any one of our targets not just the project
default.

So saying 'ant my_target' wouldn't run my init - which wouldn't make my
property, set by <available>, be actually, available.

Short of having all of my targets depend on init - how can I have ANT always
run a target regardless of the target requested on the command line?

Thanks,

Fred Welland