ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Rosenberg" <ja...@squaretrade.com>
Subject Re: "include" equivalent in ant?
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 07:25:15 GMT
I like the <!ENTITY> approach as a kludge for including files.

However, it does appear to fall somewhat short for what I need.

I would like to be able to include files as entities using paths
referred to by property variables, etc., and it doesn't seem to
be possible.  In other words, I'd like to see:

<!ENTITY buildFW SYSTEM "${buildRules}/buildFW.inc">

Is there anyway to do something like this?

In general, I do think it should be a fundamental addition to ANT
to have the ability include another file from a build script.  It would
need to be a new piece of Ant syntax, that could only be added
to the core (it couldn't be a added as a custom task, etc.).

What I would like to do is have a standard template that I could
include from a configurable location.

Furthermore, I would like the include to behave as if the raw text
of the included file were just pasted in, in a pre-processing step,
before any property variable references are resolved, etc.

I don't think there is a way to do that currently, other than using
the <!ENTITY> kludge (which is limited).

Jason