ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Rosenberg" <>
Subject Re: Problem using script task
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2000 06:02:47 GMT
I now notice that EjbJar.class appears both in ant.jar and optional.jar
for Ant1.2.  So, this makes me think that maybe my use of optional
tasks, in general, is not properly configured.  I do, however, certainly
have the optional.jar in my classpath, and it does contain Script.class.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jason Rosenberg
  To: ;
  Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2000 12:42 AM
  Subject: Problem using script task

  For some reason, I am having trouble using the script task.  I am using Ant 1.2.
  I apparently do have the correct file, which references the
  script task as being in the optional.jar, and the optional.jar I have does include
  Script.class, and optional.jar is in my classpath, since I am able to run
  other tasks contained in it, such as ejbjar.....

  Any ideas?

  I am using JDK 1.3.   It happens both on Windows NT 4.0 and on Solaris 7.

  Below is the script file I am trying to run, taken
  from one of the examples in the online doc for the script task:

  <project name="squares" default="main" basedir=".">

    <target name="setup">

      <property resource=""/>
      <echo message="the value of 'script' = '${script}'"/>

        for (i=1; i<=10; i++) {
          echo = squares.createTask("echo");

      ]]> </script>

    <target name="main" depends="setup" />

  Below is the output when I try to run with it:

  D:\NewWork\SourceRoot>ant -buildfile text2.xml
  Buildfile: text2.xml

  the value of 'script' = ''

  D:\NewWork\SourceRoot\text2.xml:8: Could not create task of type: script because I can't
find it in the list of task class definitions.  Com
  mon solutions are: 1 execute bin/bootstrap. 2 use taskdef to declare your task. 3 add the
task to

  Total time: 1 second

View raw message