ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Rosenberg" <>
Subject Problem using script task
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2000 05:42:21 GMT

For some reason, I am having trouble using the script task.  I am using Ant 1.2.
I apparently do have the correct file, which references the
script task as being in the optional.jar, and the optional.jar I have does include
Script.class, and optional.jar is in my classpath, since I am able to run
other tasks contained in it, such as ejbjar.....

Any ideas?

I am using JDK 1.3.   It happens both on Windows NT 4.0 and on Solaris 7.

Below is the script file I am trying to run, taken
from one of the examples in the online doc for the script task:

<project name="squares" default="main" basedir=".">

  <target name="setup">

    <property resource=""/>
    <echo message="the value of 'script' = '${script}'"/>

      for (i=1; i<=10; i++) {
        echo = squares.createTask("echo");

    ]]> </script>

  <target name="main" depends="setup" />

Below is the output when I try to run with it:

D:\NewWork\SourceRoot>ant -buildfile text2.xml
Buildfile: text2.xml

the value of 'script' = ''

D:\NewWork\SourceRoot\text2.xml:8: Could not create task of type: script because I can't find
it in the list of task class definitions.  Com
mon solutions are: 1 execute bin/bootstrap. 2 use taskdef to declare your task. 3 add the
task to

Total time: 1 second

View raw message