ant-user mailing list archives

From David.Bai...@lawson.com
Subject JAR annoyance
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 22:00:57 GMT

Ant is now refusing to jar things for me.  The following task:

          <jar jarfile="${JARDIR}/lawsonrt.jar"
               whenempty="fail">
               <fileset dir="${CLASSDIR}" >
                    <include name="com/**/*.class" />
               </fileset>
          </jar>

fails with the error:

"Problem creating jar: ZIP file must have at least one entry."

and a stack trace.  The thing is, the fileset points to a whopping big number of
files, as I proved to myself by using the same fileset construction to copy all
of those class files to a temp directory.

So why can't the jar task interpret the fileset and pick up the ~1200 files I'm
pointing it to?  I originally tried using only attributes of the jar task
("basedir," "includes", etc.), and that seemed to be working for a while.  But
I've done a lot of mucking since then and I don't understand why it's broken.

Thanks,

--dave