ant-user mailing list archives

From David.Bai...@lawson.com
Subject Minimum configuration requirements for ant
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:44:31 GMT

Howdy.

We have a rather large Java initiative under way here, and have developed a
directory structure which we feel works best for us as far as compiling,
packaging, jarring, etc.

One of the reasons we have decided to look at ant is because it is open source
and therefore it is very easy to tailor it to our needs.  However, since we do
intend to integrate ant into our code development, we want it to fit in with the
directory structure we've already established.  I am therefore faced with the
task of attempting to take the directory structure which falls out of the
jakarta-ant-src.zip file and modifying it to fit into our scheme.

After a little bit of playing around, it appears that I can get away with
putting the wrapper scripts from ant/bin into some appropriate bin directory on
our $PATH, compiling the ant source via javac, and moving the class files to an
appropriate location on our $CLASSPATH.  I've tried this sort of install and
tried running some toy tests, and this appears to work.  Am I overlooking some
configuration necessity which will cause problems down the line?

Thanks,

--dave