ant-user mailing list archives

From David.Bai...@lawson.com
Subject Re: Ant 1.2, jdk1.2.2 and class loaders
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2000 16:49:17 GMT

Well, after haranguing one of our architects, we finally concluded the problem
had to do with a Security Manager somehow.  Don't know
why it wasn't triggered with jdk1.3, but after moving jaxp.jar and parser.jar to
$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext, the problem went away.

Thanks,

--dave

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          Peter Donald |
|        |          <donaldp@apac|
|        |          he.org>      |
|        |                       |
|        |          12/11/00     |
|        |          10:19 AM     |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to   |
|        |          ant-user     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  |       To:     ant-user@jakarta.apache.org                                  |
  |       cc:     ant-user@jakarta.apache.org, (bcc: David Bailey/Lawson)      |
  |       Subject:     Re: Ant 1.2, jdk1.2.2 and class loaders                 |

At 09:30  11/12/00 -0600, David.Bailey@lawson.com wrote:
>It seems to be unable to load the javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory class a
>second time.  I say "for the second time", because
>it clearly loads it once (sixth line from bottom of stack trace).  So I'm
>guessing what I have here is a class loader problem of some sort
>arising from jdk1.2.2.  Any suggestions?

Can you echo your classpath before you execute ant. ie place

echo %LOCALCLASSPATH% (on win32)
echo $LOCALCLASSPATH (on *nix)

before actual call to see classpath exactly. hopefully that will outline
it. Could you also describe what classes you have in ext directory.

Cheers,

Pete