ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sean Kelly" <ke...@ad1440.net>
Subject Re: Standard extensions masked by ant?
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2000 23:27:49 GMT
> Extdirs is a compiler specific thing (Looks like you are using jikes).

No, the javac that comes with J2SE 1.3.

> Some compilers completely ignore it while others use it.

It must be the way that Ant invokes the compiler through the
sun.tools.compiler interface.  There must be some other setup that
happens that allows standard extensions to be visible when running
javac directly.  I just can't figure out what it might be.

> I would *highly* suggest that you do not use ext at all. Most people
> who use it end up going through the java equivelent of
> dll-hell. Just place the library in a well known place and link to
> it. It will make it a lot easier overtime.

You mean don't use the standard extensions feature of Java?  That
means managing a long classpath either in my build.xml files or in my
environment.  Blech.

Still, thanks for your help.
--Sean